Filing Complaints – County of Monterey

There is both a hotline where complaints can be made about the location of an illegal STR, or to report specific problems with an STR like noise, trash, parking or other problems.  Complaints can be in name or anonymous.  You will need the correct address of the STR.

From the County of Monterey website: County of Monterey Short-Term Rental Information

  • I’m concerned about a neighbor who may be operating a short term rental. What should I do?
    • To report concerns with short term rentals, or any building or land use code violations, you can submit a complaint to the STR Complaint Hotline , by telephone at (831) 900-4441, or by an online form at


%d bloggers like this: