MONTEREY COUNTY ZONING
COASTAL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN – TITLE 20
20.06.990 ROOMINGHOUSE OR BOARDINGHOUSE.
Roominghouse or boardinghouse means a dwelling other than a hotel where lodging with or without meals for three or more persons is provided for compensation.
20.64 – SPECIAL REGULATIONS
20.64.100 REGULATIONS FOR BED AND BREAKFAST FACILITIES.
1. The property owners shall occupy and manage the bed and breakfast facility
4. The facility shall provide parking on site at the rate of 1 space per guest room plus two spaces for the owners.
6. Such facilities shall be subject to the transient occupancy tax. (Chapter 5.40, Monterey County Code)
D. In order to grant the Coastal Development Permit the Appropriate Authority shall make the following findings:
1. That the establishment of the bed and breakfast facility will not under the circumstances of the particular application be detrimental to the health, safety, and general welfare of persons residing or working in the neighborhood or to the general welfare of the County.
2. That the proposed bed and breakfast facility complies with all applicable requirements of Section 20.64.100(C) of this Title.
3. That the proposed bed and breakfast facility will not adversely impact traffic conditions in the area.
4. That adequate sewage disposal and water supply facilities exist or are readily available to the lot.
5. That the proposed bed and breakfast facility is consistent with the Monterey County Local Coastal Program.
6. That the subject property is in compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to zoning uses, subdivisions, and any other applicable provisions of this Title and that all zoning violation abatement costs, if any, have been paid.